09 June, 2009

God Bharai function


with my husband


waiting to start



my mother in law blessing me


guest of hounour

These pics are a few of them from the 7th month event. In India once an expecting mother is nearing the completion of her 7 months of pregnancy, there is a huge function wherein married ladies come and bless her. This is known as "God Bharai". Ladies bless the expectant mother with 5 diffrent types of fruits and also a gift (optional). They also remove nazar (evil eye) to protect her from all possible mishaps. A sumptuous meal is prepared and first the mother has to eat and only then can the rest of the family, friends and near an dear ones can start eating.
I got lots and lots of blessings as well as gifts. Lots of sarees actually. Love sarees a lot. My pallu of the sareee was filled with fruits and gifts; so much that I cudn't even get up. My husband was the official photographer of the event. Did his best to feel comforfortable among so many ladies. my fater in law and my husband were the only 2 men in the house. poor guys!!
Now its only 2 months left. but the most 2 important months. And then child caring begins OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment