21 April, 2009

Splitsvilla - Where love is War

Am watching “Splitsvilla – where love is war” at the moment. Love for me is trust, understanding, supporting your partner and commitment. For others this looks to be associated with gaining something out of a relationship. Don’t know whether you call me “old fashioned” or whatever. I mean I feel more than anything else people out there are learning how to betray others, backbite them and so on. You may be wondering then why the hell do I watch? I watch it to see the depths to which our Gen ‘X’ is going to win the competition rather than finding true love. People are busy flirting but some still manage to forge some genuine relationships. I feel you need a specific kind of mindset to be in such a place. Contestants try to act so smart by pasting an innocent look on their face as if they never knew what’s going around. And you should listen to their comments off-screen later on. They are jealous, ill tempered, untrustworthy, and insecure and fame hungry.

They want such partners for love. Would this culminate into marriage or these girls would remain arm-candies for the rest of their life. If anyone thinks these would end up getting married I must say I feel lie laughing out loud. One question to all those guys, “Is your mom dressed like this or are you not coming from houses wherein your mothers are always dressed in demure salwar kameezes or sarees all the time?”; “do you see your mothers jumping from one lap to other bitching around?” No matter what, no guy on this show would marry any of these females.

You should see them dancing. I feel as if they are going to fuse with the other person. I mean Hey!! You guys are no TV. Dance, by all means dance, but dance with some amount of decency. Don’t stick to each other like ambar-dhara.

The use of profanity is rampant in the show. Every now and then you hear more beeps than actual words. It must be so disheartening for parents to see their kids mouthing such beautiful vocabulary at such an amazing speed. Even today I don’t utter such nonsense and even if I do I feel bad about it and look around to check whether I have an elder eavesdropping or not. If I were their mother (any one of the boys’ or girls’) I would have been so ashamed of myself and the kind of upbringing I have given to my kids. They kind of cuddle around; wear dresses which give them ample opportunity to show the other what’s exactly beneath those dresses without actually taking them off.

Love is no longer emotional for us; it’s all about getting physical, satisfying your thirst. Once quenched, go on to the next man /woman. Gone are the days of true and unwavering love. Gone are the days of the eternal and my all time favourite Mills and Boon.

No comments:

Post a Comment